Sunday, April 25, 2010

My FIRST claim to Fame - MY FIRST FASHION SHOW SUCCESS!


I wanted to take the time to write about a fashion show that my friend and I planned and put together on behalf of our sorority's philanthropy - Make-a-Wish Foundation. Obviously my dream has always been to work in the fashion industry upon graduating college. However having realized that my retail experience is non-existent, I really wanted to challenge myself to work toward obtaining my own fashion experience!
There were so many awesome learning experiences when it came to
planning the fashion show. I knew going into it would be a lot of work, but I really wanted to do something profound enough to make my senior year in college complete.

As you know I am an avid fan of Kelly Cutrone - how started her own fashion PR company in her twenties. She is the person who has inspired me to push myself to the limit in order to do and experience amazing things. She always said that SO MUCH hard work goes into a fashion show and SO LITTLE comes out of it (A fashion show lasts about 10-15 min!) I realize first hand, the real truth in this.

We started making plans for the show in mid to late January. We decided to have the event my the Rollins Pool which over looks the gorgeous Lake Virginia. Take a look:

Show wouldn't be complete without some live entertainment and food of course!



Here are pics of only a few of the 50 LOOKS:





Models Backstage:




I encourage anyone how has a dream - to believe in yourself! I have surprised myself throughout my life in small little ways. I realize that I am the only person that can hold myself back - and I refuse to let myself do that. Growing up I have always been a quiet person who had a fear of making a mistake. But I have learned that the biggest mistake I can make is letting my fears and doubts overtake me.


No comments:

Post a Comment