Thursday, January 28, 2010

Its still cold and I'm ready for SPRING

So every season I go on style.com and look at every single fashion show from every single designer. In light of trying to get in the spirit of Spring, I am going to pick a different designer everyday and showcase what I believe are their most winning looks. There is a lot to look forward to this Spring! Especially the colors! While I would die to be able to go out and buy all those expensive designers duds, I instead try to go out and put together less expensive look-a-likes. Phillip Lim has been a up and coming designer who has made it really big the past couple years. I look forward to what he has in store each season. His clothes just get better and better! Here are some of my favorite looks:

1) Slouchy trousers...I really think that these updated "mommy pants" are going to make a comeback...Well at least in my closet! Great to wear to work or glam it up with a flowy blouse. I still love me some skinny jeans, but I think these are a great addition to anyone's wardrobe. Ashley Olsen and Sienna Miller have been spotted sporting these pants.
2) High-waisted trouser shorts. I have occasionally seen them around the stores but I have yet to see them on many people. The high waisted skirt has been a huge hit this past year. These shorts are sure to create an updated classy "Blair Waldorf" look...NOT those tight and snug "hot pants." I also think the "statement necklace" will continue to be popular in the Spring...as it slowy has been emerging the past couple seasons...They can really make a plan tee or dress stand out.
3) Flowy dresses that shine in the light. His ultra-feminine dresses are sure to be a show stopper with the their hint of shine...A shine that will highlight all the right things on a woman's face. Here are a few of my favs...(I always love a great cream or light grey dress!)
4) Red heels for that last bit of PIZAZZ. I especially love the dark gold mini dress with the ruby red booties! BAMMM baby.
5) Lately its all been about the DETAIL. Lace. Ruffles. Embroidery. Phillip likes to put a unique spin on the detail of the front side of his dresses (A main focal point) I really like the mix of the lavender/purple/grey mix with the black dress...Almost looks that a work of art on a black canvas.
3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
I also LOVE the use of the colors black and grey with a hint of SPARKLES! Adding a shiny costume necklace is sooo pretty:)

No comments:

Post a Comment