Monday, February 22, 2010

Bobbi Brown's 10 Step Beauty

Bobbi Brown has created an easy 10-step guide to enhance the natural features of a woman's face. I have recently been buying into a few of her products and fully intend to go back for more! What I really like about the Bobbi Brown "methodology" is how it simply builds upon the enhancement of our natural beauty. Too much makeup or the wrong makeup - contradicts the whole point of it in the first place. Working off of her 10-step system, I have translated it into the products I love and recommend (Which includes many Bobbie Brown products). Here are a few easy steps to abide by everyday:

1) Take good care of your skin! Invest in a skincare system that works for you. I have used a variety of different brands, but I have found that the Clinique 3-step system is what works best for me (Cleanser, Toner, and Moisturizer). Moisturizer creates a great base for makeup application! I have also found eye-cream to be not only great for relieving "morning eyes," but is also great for concealer/correctors. I use the Clinique eye cream! I also use Clinque's exfoliator once a week, to get rid of dead skin - and to ultimately smooth out my skin.
See full size image


See full size image

2)Correctors and Concealers - I recently bought Bobbi Brown's Corrector in "Bisque." It helps cover up dark circles around the eye area. Then use her concealer - a shade lighter than you skin tone - to altogether create flawlessness. Yellow-based tones are the best!
Corrector
3) Foundation: Foundation is something that comes in a variety of forms...Mainly it depends on the climate in which you live in and what type of skin you have. Through trial and error, find whatever works best for you. I think the biggest mistake that a woman makes, is picking the wrong foundation color... especially picking shades that are too dark! This can ruin the look altogether. I would highly recommend having a professional do it at the mall...The color should almost disappear when applied!
Perhaps picking a shade that matches your skin NOW and also picking a shade for the SUMMER. I love the Bare Essentials Start-Up Kit. The make-up is SO LIGHT in its application, I don't feel like I am wearing any! The kit comes with a two shades for winter and summer, a bronzer (a little goes a long way with this one), and a mineral viel (great for mixing, setting, and insuring no creasing!) It also comes with brushes!
4) Bronzer: I love bronzer because it gives me a natural glow without enduring the awful UV rays from the sun. Bronzer also creates or enhances a woman's beautiful cheek bones. I either use the Bare Essentials bronzer in "warmth" or Neutrogena's healthy skin blends - which is very natural looking and cheap too! Bronzer should be brushed on to cheeks, forehead, and nose.
See full size image





5) Blush: Blush can either be layered on top of bronzer to add shine, or it can be used by itself to add a more flushed look. Blush should only be used on the apples of the cheeks. I use Clinque's Blush Powder Blush in "Sunset Glow" or Clinique's Fresh Bloom All Over Powder in "Peony."
Fresh Bloom Allover Colour Blushing Blush Powder Blush
6) Lips: You can really use a variety of lip products (gloss, lip-stain, lipstick...) I typically like to use lip glosses because they are easy to apply and reapply. It is also nice to collect different colors to play with! For a day look, I like using a lip gloss that matches my natural lip color - like Clinique's Different Lipstick in "Ginger Frost," or Clinique's Super Moisturizer Gloss in "Apricot," or Lancome's JuicyTube in "Hallucination," or Clinque's Full Potential Lip and Shine in "Glamour Full."
Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss
See full size image





For nights out, I like to use bright pinks or reds. I use Bobbi Brown's "Rosy" Rich Lip Gloss which is a bright pink color. OR try Clinique's Long Last Glosswear in "KissyFit" - another bright pink color. Bath and Body Works Liplicious line has a pretty "Raspberry Jam" - a nice red gloss.

7) Eyebrow - Believe it or not, your eyebrow shape can really have a positive or negative effect on your all together look. I have never been one to routinely "groom" my eyebrows...but I do notice how a great eyebrow can enhance a fresher/polished look. An occasional eyebrow wax is definitely a plus - and it can also be cheap. You should probably get your eyebrows waxed about once a month. Another great tool is to take an eyebrow brush and an eyeshadow color that matches the darkest color in your hair - and draw upon your natural eyebrow shape. I am a medium blonde and I use - Bobbi Brown's "Stone" - which is a brown beige
See full size image





8) Eye Shadow - You can use either cream or powder eye shadow, in either a matte or a sheer. I like using matte for everyday and add sheer for night. I LOVE Bobby Brown's Eye Shadows because they stay put ALL DAY...with NO CREASING. I really love her long wear eye cream in "Malted" -- it is such a great neutral base to build on - for an everyday look. I use her powdered eye shadow in "Ivory" to cover any uneven color - from the crease to the brow bone. For the crease, I love using either a medium brown or grey because they are very office-appropriate or day-appropriate. Bobby Brown's Long-Wear Eye Cream in "Stone" and "Slate" are two great colors for a crease. Bobby really has an array of eye shadow colors that I am dying to add to my collection. For a night look, I like to add sheer shine by using her Long Wear Cream Shadow in "Brown Metal."

Long-Wear Cream Shadow Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow
9) Eyeliner: I never go a day without a little bit of eyeliner. Eyeliner comes in liquid, powder, or pencil form. I either use Lancome's Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in "Nior" or Sephora's Smoky Eyes Palette Black Shadow.
Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner
10) Mascara: In my opinion, the best creation ever created in make-up history, is mascara. I love the drastic effect that mascara has on a woman's eyes. I have used an assortment of Mascaras.I always use black because it has the most impact. I love "DiorShow" and "Clinique High Definition". I usually use one mascara for thickening (Such as Bobbie Brown's Extreme Party Mascara)and one for lengthening (Maybelline Lash Stilleto). For special occasions, I enjoy using fake eyelashes on the corners of my eyes for an extra dramatic look.
Extreme Party Mascara

pictures from bobbibrowncosmetics.com, clinique.com, lancome.com, google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment