Thursday, February 4, 2010

Precious Little Treasures at JCREW

Plain and conservative just kicked it up a trendy little notch. Is it me or has JCrew gotten a lot more ruffly and flowery and shiny? I wonder if they either got new designers or if they are trying to slightly transform their image? Are they targeting the same consumers? It seems like their target demographic may be a more youthful crowd. I suppose they are still going along with the same brand image that they have managed to carry on for the past 20 some odd years. Maybe I am wrong. I'm just a girl making some observations. Maybe they are just catching up on the trends! You can't sell khakis, pencil skirts, and cardigans forever. And there are only so many colors you can rearrange each season. Nonetheless I AM a fan of what they are doing. I might go Anthropologie first, but I have never counted JCrew out when I took a stroll through the mall. I assume that women between the ages of 25-40 are still their main clientele. The woman I work next to in my office seems to sport a new JCrew ruffled blouse and pastel colored cardigan everyday. She might even throw in a pretty JCrew necklace.

So fads slowy change in the blink of an eye. But I am finally seeing what I have waiting for! (Wait, I must say that every season. Pretty soon my new clothes I got for Christmas will seem soo0 2009... How do THEY get me everytime? And HOW can I make a career out of it? Am I kidding myself?)

Pretty pastels, nudes, and piled on jewelry seems to be the theme this Spring for J to tha CREW. I really love taking one unique piece (whether it be a beautiful necklace, a sparkley cardigan, or a detailed ruffle blouse) and make it stand out behind a "nude pallette" (Such as plain...well anything you can imagine for that matter. Or how about pairing a utlra feminine fluffy blouse with an ultra masculine blazer and pair of oxfords?

Well like I said, I have never counted JCrew out of my "must visit list" when I hit up the mall. SO here are some things I've got my eye on (Oh if only money grew from trees...lalala):
1) Rah Rah ra ah ah Ruffley blouses and sweaters
Perfect with the cardigan that continues to get by every season. (Play around with the different coloring between the blouse and the cardigan)

Need I say more? Adorable.

-Wear with the plainest pair of jeans you own and maybe a chunky gold bracelet. (Hm as it is shown. Swore I thought of this before I looked at the picture)

2) Solid Feminine Dresses that offer a lot of versatility
The way black should be in the spring--shiny :)
($69.50? yes pweese. guarantee you'll see this on more than one of your friends)

3) Signature Blazer
Neutral Blazer that will go with just about anything. Check out the sequin tank detailing!

4) Skirts with FLuff and itty bitty little waists.


5) The next best addition to a girls "masculine" look
Wear with something ultra girly or sexy so you don't feel like a complete dude. I think they are just so cute.

6) Statement necklaces for that last touch
"I just love that necklace!"

No comments:

Post a Comment