Thursday, May 27, 2010

Color Blocked...Emanuel Ungaro Spring 2010

This Spring, try to mix the use of color and offset them with either a neutral or dark piece. I am not one to use bright colors (or polka dots even) a lot, when i do then I would most definitely pair it with a more toned down color. I really like the use of these "background" colors in order to make a stand out colorful piece pop. Its great how the flamboyancy of the colored item stands out...

Here are a few examples used from Estrella Archs:

Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
I never thought to pair a vibrant red satin dress with a beige blazer...but I like how this one works.


Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Typical black and white combination...making some great green maryjanes look great.


Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
I might do without the green belt but I do like the pink and grey pants put together.


Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
The black offers a great addition to this outfit which makes the dress UNPOP...but the shoes make a statement.


Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
The black tights really bring out the bright green and pink!


Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
This isn't too much of a color block...I just liked the outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment