Friday, May 28, 2010

New Kid on the Block - Gary Graham

So when I go through my lookbook, I tend to review only the designers that have the best overall collection...Not just one or two looks. As I was going through it (in ABC order btw) I came across a presentation that I had marked down a significant amount of times. It just so happened to be one of the fashion fund finalists...Gary Graham. The fashion fund is awesome...I love almost all of the designers that go through this contest (esp Phillip Lim...Doo Ri...Proenza Shouler are my top favorites). But I think there is definitely something to say about this...These up and coming designers seem to be setting the stage for the modern trend - with more wearable clothes on the runway. Don't get me wrong, I am still a die hard fan of the classic creative minds of Karl Lagarfield, Oscar de la Renta, and Valentino...but it is nice to know that the "newbees" are coming along quite nicely. I am sure there are even more to come!

Well like I said, Gary is a newish designer...At least on the current fashion scene he is. He has been designing for the past ten years, truth be told. Reading the review of his Spring Collection was like music to my ears when he said, "I love anything Victorian - petticoats, corsets, that covered-up feeling." Well, that is just so my style! So I read on about his inspiration...He sort of had a clash between romantics and tomboys (i only like the romantic pieces obviously...) - some pieces were inspired by bedsheets and curtains!

Gary Graham Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Gary Graham Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Gary Graham Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Gary Graham Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Gary Graham Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear

No comments:

Post a Comment